August 1, 2012

Bucket List

Let's have a moment to consider why there's no "living list" term. It's only the bucket list. You need to accomplish this, this, and this before you croak. Since there is a time limit on this shit, it is now becoming a bucket list.

Before I leave Philly:
  • Climb the Rocky steps and take some rocking victory pictures. I've never seen the movie nor do I really have plans to but seriously, you're in Philly, whats the most immature cliche thing you can do and still relatively argue yourself as a badass?
  • Visit the "Love" statue and take some dork pictures. This was the only thing I wanted to visit in Philly besides the Reading Terminal Market (which has been checked several times over). No idea what attracted me to it initially (since I'm pretty over it right now) but I feel like if I lived here for 2 years and didn't do it, I'd be one lazy ass.
  • Speaking of the RTM... Go to the Reading Terminal Market one last time. I feel I don't need to explain this one- that place is the fucking shizz.
  • Go to Brauhaus Schmitz one last time. Also does not need an explanation. My favorite place in Philly because who doesn't like being a German and enjoying some snau-sages?
  • Have one last blow-out with the dorks I call colleagues... at least one.
  • FINISH MY INTERNSHIP. Ok, that probably should have been the first thing on the list but I'm really not trying to jinx myself.
  • Finish my first textbook for my doctorate. I've already started reading it and it's just so depressing that I will have absolutely NO break between my masters and doctorate. Like, not even 2 second break. No stopping from here for the next 4+ years.

By the end of 2012:
  • Have the basement mostly done. And when I mean mostly done, I mean being able to wake up and not think, "Ugh, God, I have to fix that." Honestly, this is the biggest stretch on the list but, hey, go big or go the fuck home.
  • Build a piece of furniture I have designed from scratch. Hopefully, I will have built 4 or so but after the overly ambitious previous item, I wanted to cut back and feel better about myself.
  • Start another blog for my DIY escapades illustrating the previous 2. Because if I cannot even keep up with one blog, I can surely keep up with 2.
  • Lose 5 pounds. I really thought I'd be looking at 155 right now after a year of going to the gym but honestly, I have gotten very little out of the gym- we're talking only 5 pounds lost, no inches lost (arguably inches GAINED and in all the places that weren't bulky when I bought my entire wardrobe *grumblegrumble* fuck my life *grumble*), and I still hate it... a lot. I have gotten more energy which may be contributing to the SEVERE focusing problems I've been having in 2012.
  • Anddd speaking of the focusing problems... Get on top of the focusing problems. This also involves finding another general practitioner since I'm pretty much fed up with my previous one whom wants me to get a CT scan before she's willing to prescribe me anything for my focusing problems which sounds a whole lot like ADHD. But what do I know about psychological disorders? I'm just a lowly psyc major and therapist...
 By the end of 2014:
  • Be moving out of the parentals. Ideally, into my own place but since Northern VA is SO expensive, I'm not trying to set myself up for failure, here.
  • Be working in mental health again. I've already resolved that I have to get a temp agency for the next year or so and if I want to save dough, I have to get a job that actually PAYS as opposed to an internship in the field which probably will not.
  • Established a meal schedule... and actually stick to it for more than 2 weeks!
  • Lose 10 pounds (including the previous 5). I feel that that is reasonable especially since people lose that much in 1 month, shit...
  • Hang out with my relatives more. Including connecting to my mom's former stepmom (if she's willing), reconnecting to my great aunt, reconnecting with all my cousins (my youngest cousin is, like, 6! and I think I've seen him in person once and he was totally only 2- I have no idea what the hell happened to him because it hasn't felt like 4 years), and hanging out with my grandmother at least once a month (but ideally once every other week).
  • Start therapy for myself. Ideally, I want to start this by the end of 2012 but as I'm looking at my list, I may be shooting my wad, here.

By the end of 2016:
  • Have my doctorate. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope so... really
  • Be in a strong relationship with an awesome man. Yea, I feel like I should not list this as a goal to be accomplished in a certain time frame but I like to dream.
  • Study the shit out of BDSM and other topics on my own without being prompted by Widener. I know I've been talking about my disappointment in my programs (a brewing post), but to be honest, I don't want to settle with the education given to me. The moment I stop searching for more answers is the moment I know I'm missing stuff.
  • Take a course not related to my career. I'm aiming for furniture-making course but if drumming or something else works out, I'll go for that.
  • Start a consulting gig. I wouldn't mind being a sexual consultant for hospitals, schools, sex toy party consultant, -hell- even a scrapbooking consultant would be really cool.
  • Be a licensed MFT. This is the one thing on the list that if I don't have, I won't be super bummed about since it's quite possible that that is not in the cards yet.
  • KEEP YOU GUYS INFORMED OF MY PROGRESS!!! And keep up with this blog. I don't always promise funny posts (and I got to stop expecting that from myself since that's what prevents me from writing), but hopefully most of them will be keepers.

So there it is people! Keep asking me about it so I will have to do it to not feel like a complete and total ass who has to respond, "Uh, I haven't done shit"!

Also, Philly people, expect to be hit up for the first part of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment